The Hallertau, or Holledau, Region (both names are used) – The most beautiful face of Old Bavaria!
You are looking for some undisturbed tranquility in beautiful countryside?
You will find it in the Holledau! You love golf, horseback riding, sport aircraft flying, hiking or bike riding, and want to carry out your hobby in unspoilt countryside? The Holledau offers you such luxury!And this is all to be found within a short distance from Munich, Ingolstadt, Nuremberg und Regensburg. Absolutely incredible – at one moment amongst the gently rolling green hills of the Holledau hop fields, 30 minutes later in the Munich metropolis or at the Franz-Josef-Strauß airport.
CULTURE IN THE HOLLEDAU REGION
- The first German Hand Museum
- Unique: the new Hop Museum
- Ingostadt – Municipal Theatre
SPORT IN THE HOLLEDAU REGION
- Numerous riding schools
- Beautiful golf courses in Tegernbach and Reichertshausen
- Heated outdoor swimming pools
- Simulator shooting galleries
- Lake area Einberg, a treasure for hunters
- Beautiful jogging and hiking trails
- Nature trail around the hop fields in Wolnzach
- Glider airfield in Wolnzach
- Lakes for swimming and surfing in Geisenfeld
SCHOOLS IN THE HOP GROWING REGION
- Modern Grammar School in Wolnzach
- Grammar School and Intermediate Secondary School (Realschule) in Pfaffenhofen
- Intermediate Secondary School (Realschule) in Geisenfeld
- Elementary (Grundschule) and Secondary Modern School (Hauptschule) in each town